Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lesson 34 - consolidation flight

22 April 2012

VH-TXU

Moorabbin (YMMB) 35R
Weather : 17c Wind 360 15kt, QNH 1007, light rain in parts of the training area.

Another consolidation flight - basically go out and practice performing all the maneuvers I'll need to do for my GFPT test.





Today on the way out to the training area Jason plays around with the GPS so I can't see the boundaries of the training area or Class 'D' airspace.  This means I need to use landmarks on the ground to determine when to change frequencies and where I'm allowed to fly.  (Not a big deal, just another test to make sure I can handle something like a GPS failure)

We do some steep turns which aren't too bad (not my best) just need to watch the back pressure.  I need to watch my speed in the steep descending turn but my forced landings are getting better.  While the headwind in the training area caught me out, I'd allow plenty of safe undershoot space with the paddock I picked.

When we started to head back to Moorabbin there were light showers between us and GMH which made finding the reporting point a bit more fun than usual.  However we were soon cleared to join base for 3-5 Right and report Parkmore.

The wind meant I need to crab allow the base leg but I started my base descent much later than previous weeks and while I still turned on to base a little bit low, it was much better.  I even managed to nail a nice landing :-)



VH-TXU Piper Warrior III  -"Consolidation flight" - 1.0Hrs Dual, (Total time 37.8 hrs, 4.4hr solo) 



View Lesson 34 Consolidation Flight in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment